CLOCS-A is happy to welcome on board our new Steering Partner, Acciona.
Who are Acciona?
ACCIONA’s goal is to positively contribute to society and the planet, providing sustainable solutions to the most urgent issues such as global warming and water scarcity. We believe there is a different way of doing business, where each project promotes sustainable development from all three perspectives: environmental, economic and social.
We want to encourage social awareness about sustainability in a way that resonates with the authorities, society and businesses — we want to lead, accelerate and complete the transition towards a decarbonised economic model.
What Is Acciona’s Experience Regarding Safety?
ACCIONA has extensive construction experience in large infrastructure projects, both globally and in Australia. This includes Road, Rail, Marine, Solar, Wind, Hydro and Tunnelling projects. Lessons learnt from these projects provide the opportunity to leverage the delivery of future projects.
ACCIONA is currently working on large infrastructure projects in urban environments with a number of community and other vulnerable road users that could be impacted during the project’s life. We continually work with our clients, contractors and suppliers to develop transport plans that proactively manage and minimise impacts and deliver projects safely.
Some of the current projects ACCIONA is constructing include:
- WestConnex 3A – M4-M5 Link Tunnels
- Sydney Metro West Central Tunnelling Package
- Western Sydney Airport – Bulk Earthworks
- Western Sydney Airport Airside Civil & Pavements
What Are The Commitments And Actions Which Acciona Will Develop And Share Through CLOCS-A?
As a CLOCS-A Partner, we commit to:
- Actively contributing to the development of CLOCS-A through our industry experience by actively promoting initiates with clients and industry partners.
- Trailing new initiatives on our projects and leading by example by advocating the adoption of CLOCS-A across the industry.
- Work together in improving road safety and the operational efficiency relating to the logistics of the construction of infrastructure projects.