Technical Group 4: Communications, Engagement and Advocacy
This Technical Group 4 for Communications, Engagement and Advocacy is established to develop a CLOCS-A stakeholder engagement and communications strategy and actions.
This strategy will aim to engage all road user groups, in particular vulnerable road users, to help them share the responsibility for safe interactions with construction related vehicles.
CLOCS-A aims to contribute to and strengthen the elements of the road transport system through best practice strategies proven to reduce road trauma and improve public safety around construction heavy vehicle movements, particularly with interactions between vulnerable road users. Further, it aims to streamline construction project standards by establishing a nationally consistent framework that can be referred to by industry.
- Tools and systems need to be underpinned by evidence.
- Tools and guidance need to be relevant, intuitive, adaptable and scalable depending upon the size of the project and/or entities/organisations using the tools and guidance.
- What is developed can be applied and shared across the entire industry – one standard.
- Where possible, build on what already exists and is being used and then look to adapt.
- Contributions and background Intellectual Property are all acknowledged and once agreed is identified as CLOCS-A.
- The Technical Group 4 is a contributor within the CLOCS-A eco-system and where appropriate will ensure the outputs align with other Technical Groups.
- Meetings can be held virtually and as required.